Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First property meeting EVER!

I went to my first property meeting today,  it was hosted by a lady named sue, and featured a guest speaker from http://www.Resultsmentoring.com/  named Brendan.   it was a really nice meeting,  only 10 people listening, so a good close group.   its easier to learn and ask questions that way.

Started with a market update, saying that feb would be a good time to buy property,   and to stay away from over supplied areas.   this raised lots of bells with me,  so i think ill be looking around at other areas, as elizabeth has lots of land and housing for sale, and northfield etc has a big development going on and quite a few blocks of land for sale....  if a bargain comes up, sure ill look into it.   but i think i need to research a few more areas.

I asked one of the ladies there about who she went with to get her trust organised and she said they charged too much, and she was happy, but wouldn't recommend them.   so i'm still on the look out for someone to set up my trust for me.

but i think feb is looking like a great time to be getting into the market.   I have another property meeting next month with this group, and also next month i have steve mcknights meeting.  so that will be great!!  I'm really looking forward to it,   although, even though i like the meetings... not sure i would pay large $$ for the day seminars and stuff like that.   these meetings i am going to atm are 20-30 bucks max... so i think they are very worth it..... especially considering today i won a book in the raffle, and got a discount on brendans book... so good value for money.

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog especially as I live in Adelaide.
    I found your blog on propertyinvesting.com and I will definitely be following your blog.
    Many thanks for creating this site.
    Warm regards
    Theresa Leach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!! I Found you on the PropertyInvesting.com forum. Keep up the good work!!
    Property Investment Coach

    ReplyDelete